Tuesday, April 16, 2013

---Don't! by De'La McClendon




Don't compare me to this or that.

I'm not a rabbit to be pulled in and out of a hat.

I'm human with a delicate spirit.

I have a voice, hear it.
 
 

I am pretty regardless of you.

I am me all the way through.

I'm darker and bigger than the "norm"

I'm a fighter through any storm.

 

So don't compare me to him or her.

Love me for me it’s what I prefer.

Why must I defend my heart?

Why try to tear my life style apart?

 

I’m starting to feel like I settled.

The flame has not been rekindled.

Today was not what I thought it would be.

Today I had to really see...

 

That even though I really like you,

You can’t really feel the same way too...

I'm not what you imagined

And you’re not what I demanded

 


 

1 comment:

  1. My favorite line of this poem is "I'm a fighter through any storm." Hold out for the one who loves you for you!

    ReplyDelete