Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Shattered Me by Brooke Fox



          “Stop, please – I’m faint” Scarlett whispered
          “I want to make you faint” Rhett murmured, “You’ve had this coming to you for years. None of the fools you’ve known have ever kissed you like this, have they?”
          She would faint if he did not stop. If only he would never stop…
          “Marry me. Say yes, damn you or - ”
          She whispered ‘yes’ before she even thought.

The meat and the juice
dripped over my heart
taken from the end of
the most fragile glass –

Someone poured me some
champagne that turned
into the blood
of cooked meat.
And the raw, chewy flesh
quenched my thirst
as I savored for
the love this man
wanted to devour me
with –
as I became thready kneed
and then
started to fall
before he
caught me

My glass became
slowly darker
as I met his gaze 
those black fires
cursed my drink
turning it darker
like his eyes 
darker and darker
until
finally
I downed the glass

He kissed me
and my heart began pounding as the drink
disappeared
and swarmed throughout my system
and made me come alive

Blood went through me –
blood –
it was all I felt, heard
my heart
we were so close
and eventually
the world disappeared

Earth shattered.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Brooke. This was powerful. "Earth shattered." That's a brilliant way to end this--it reminds me very much of Rhett's rather... ungallant...wooing of Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete