Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Julia by Charles Rattray



On a cold winters morn,
we were already running late.
We both had to go to class but,
you decided to hesitate.

Your demeanor was icy and cold,
your emotions were locked up tight.
With precious few moments to spare,
I had to make things right

I tried to get you to open up
I tried turning you this way and that,
I even tried using pressure
Frankly, you were being a brat.

It was then that I started to listen
to see things from your point of view.
Only then did I begin to understand,
what it was that I needed to do.

It was the chill in the air that had caused you,
to shut yourself out from me.
I thought if I found you something warm,
in a happier mood you might be.

So I found you the warmth you desired,
and in moments you were fine again.
Though we sat the whole ride both in silence,
we were ready for the miles ahead. 


1 comment:

  1. I especially like the last two lines of this, Charles. Nice metaphor.

    ReplyDelete