Monday, April 15, 2013

Dr. King by Amber Gingiloski


Dr. King,

I am so sorry your life was cut short.  Despite your short life, your passion and determination still inspire today. I just wish I had your bravery. I have the passion for service, but my voice lacks your volume. There are still injustices everywhere. You once had a dream and some of it has become a reality. I wonder if you could see today’s world , what your dreams for us would be. I think I dream of more selfless dreamers. It seems like there are a lot of people today who have dreams and goals for themselves but not for the world they want to live in. What good is achieving your dreams if you are surrounded by the suffering of others? I think one of your most important messages is that the individual does not exist in a vacuum and we have a responsibility to care about others. This is just as important today as it ever was. I will continue to do my part and hope that my passion will inspire others as yours has me. Thank you, Dr. King.

Amber Gingiloski
 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful letter, Amber. I think Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., would be glad that his example has had such an impact on you.

    ReplyDelete