Tuesday, April 16, 2013

-- Enchantment by De'La McClendon


*written dedicated to my parents who have been married 28 years & the love is still young and strong*

Silky brown skin, a sexy voice

Me falling for you is not a choice.

I’m caught and mesmerized.

Locked in your brown eyes.

 

There is some enchantment...

 

Thinking only of you

Wishing you could come through

My days filled with dreams

A pounding heart, what does it mean?

 

There is some enchantment...

 

Wanting the moment to never end

Encouraging you to win

Ready for the long ride

Yes, I’ll stay by your side

 

There is some enchantment

 

Knowing that you feel the same

A true blessing the day that came

You are in my life, and I am happy

Happy... that’s how it’s supposed to be

 

There is some enchantment

 

Glad to know we will last

Good times won’t be past

The love is still be there

We will always care

 

There is some enchantment
 
 
 

 

Making no kind of sense

Thinking of you and the time spent

Look at me mumbling on and on

Slow dancing to a new song

 

It must be the enchantment
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. It's heartening to see long-term couples who are still deeply in love. It does happen, and you're blessed that it happened to your parents. I hope you find a love like this one day, too, De'La.

    ReplyDelete